I was nominated for a Liebster Award. WOohooO! What's a Liebster Award?
February 25, 2013 by
I did not feel well today. I went out with my sister last night since she's in FL visiting and although we were back home pretty early, getting out of bed was rough. I really felt as if I was getting the flu, so my plan was to stay in bed until an hour before I had to pick up my kids from school, but of course a mom's work is never done...so I couldn't! What I did do, was take some flu medicine and a nap an hour in the afternoon. After I picked them up I felt like myself, so I went on the computer to get some work done. While clearing my inbox, I came across an email from a woman named Julie. In the email was a message saying that she nominated me for a Liebster award. Yay, thank you so much Julie!!! I feel so special! :) But wait, what's a Liebster Award?...
I had no idea what a Liebster Award was, so I Googled it, then went to Julie's 'I Create Purty Thangs' blog to find out. “The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.” Aww, this is cool! I have been blogging almost three months, so I really had no idea there were awards for bloggers. So following the directions, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog:
- Answer eleven questions posted by the presenter, ask your nominees eleven questions, and list eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Post the award on your blog.
Here are the eleven questions I was asked, and my answers.
- If a national disaster happened and you were housebound with no electricity and no running water, how long would you last with the supplies you have on hand? I have lots of snacks, bottled water, wipes and soap...so at least a month! (Bargain!!!)
- What genre of movies do you favor? Comedy! Laughing is good!
- While waiting in line, are you the one who talks to everyone, or are you the one who everyone seems to want to talk to? I'm usually in a conversation with someone in front or behind me online. Sometimes I start the conversations, other times I am brought into the conversation. Either way I like it, it's a good way to kill time!
- Do you prefer ocean or mountains? Ocean, but I will be hanging out on the shore mostly! I've had an incident with a school of tiny fish swimming pass me and that felt really awkward...gotta love Florida!
- If you had to be one, which would you choose: vampire, werewolf, or zombie? Vampire, they can be sexy. Why would someone choose to be hairy, eww!
- What percent of the time does it seem like that the gas pump tells you to come inside for your receipt? Maybe 2%
- What types of blog do you follow? Style, Family, Randoms
- Do you believe that there is a conspiracy right now to take down the United States? There's evil and good in the world. If there is something I can control, I do my best to take control. But if it's out of my hands, I will not waste my time dwelling on the negative when there is so much more to think about.
- If you could be (or return to) a certain age forever, what would it be? 19
- Why did you choose that age? I was hot and still with my hubby. But I'm enjoying life right now, so the fact that it's basically impossible is no problem for me.
- What famous person would you like to be stranded on an island with? None, whatever I liked about them I would find annoying after a day or two, lol. That's just the kind of girl I am, lol.
Here are eleven facts about me.
- I'm not cheap! (I'm frugal!)
- I like to shop! (I have no money, lmaoooo)
- I love road trips, woohoo!
- I don't like to drive long distance (You drive, I'll sleep in the passenger seat!)
- I'm a PuertoTrinNewYorkin! (figure it out and get back to me if you have questions!)
- I cannot stand reality shows (but I'm addicted to real Housewives of Atlanta, Love and Hip Hop NY and ATL and Basketball Wives...something about seeing people who are not housewives...called housewives, people who never been married...called basketball wives and the word love misused is pretty darn interesting...DDDDRAMA!)
- I absolutely love Filet-O-Fish sandwiches from McDonald's (I add ketchup to the Tartar Sauce and place six fries inside) Mmm mmm good!
- Believe it or not, I'm losing weight! <doing a cheerleader pose!>
- I'm trying to think of more things to write about myself right now...... <I can hear the clock ticking>
- I just thought of something else! Ding!
- I love my family!!! (<---this is actually number one)
Here are eleven questions for my nominees:
1- Do you check for coupons before shopping? 2- Are you superstitious? If so, what are you superstitious about? 3- What is the last movie you saw in a movie theater? 4- Do you prefer the gym or working out at home? 5- Would you ever walk up to someone you did not know and pretend to know them, just for fun? 6- Do you promise to look at yourself in the mirror daily and say "I am beautiful"? 7- If one word could describe you, what word would that be? 8- Of course we all have things we would like to change or do, but on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being highly satisfied), how satisfied are you with your life? 9- What's your opinion on men/boys wearing skinny jeans? 10- Do you remember your first love? 11- Do you ever speak to yourself out loud?
...And the nominees are:
JulieFebruary 26, 2013 8:22 AM
Good job! I really like your answer to the last question. That's basically how I am too.
>RondaFebruary 26, 2013 9:44 AM Thank you Julie and thank you for the honor! :) Painting Artist, Inc- Port St LucieFebruary 28, 2013 5:05 PM
Great post, this is a cool award to get. Check out our PSL Blog, http://portstluciepaintingpressurewashing.blogspot.com/
>RondaFebruary 28 2013 8:49 PM Thank you! :)