Scraaam Coaster GT for the Little Ones
April 26, 2017 by
I received the Scraaam Coaster GT to review. It is so light, a child can carry it!
Yesterday, I had family over. What made it even more fun is the fact that I wasn't expecting company, but it was perfect timing for me to have someone test drive a bike I planned on giving one of my nephews.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
The Scraaam Coaster GT is shipped with the main parts already assembled, easy to understand instructions and the tools required for assembling the rest. It's a balance bike, there are no pedals or training wheels. To move the bike, a child would use their feet as if running or walking, but in the seated position.
The handlebars and seat both have fasteners that you open and close to make adjusting the height of both simple. It also comes with an addition bike seat that has a handle, so someone can hold onto the bike seat as the child coasts, or push and hold to help them keep balance as they go. It weighs less than 5 pounds and made of aluminum. It's easy for a little kid to handle, but durable.
Note: The bike does not have a kick stand attached, but it does have a bike stand.
SCRAAAM Coaster GT Kids Lightweight Bike
- Lightweight aluminum frame. The SCRAAAM Coaster GT weighs LESS THAN 5 pounds!!!
- Kids size handlebar grips. Many kids bikes have 1” diameter grips, the same as adult bikes. Our grips are 5/8” diameter, optimally sized for kids hands, giving greater control and confidence.
- 4 level side guard protection grips. We know kids can be rough on bikes; dropping the bike on its side or rubbing against walls. We have added 4 levels of protection on the end of each grip to protect not only the bike but the rider's fingers.
- Quick release black anodized fasteners on the handlebar and seat for quick and easy adjustments.
- Handlebar pad. Offers an additional level of safety and that cool “racing bike” appearance.
- 2 Sets of graphics. On top of the standard “SCRAAAM COASTER GT” branding, you also get 2 sets of unique graphic patterns with each bike. These come uninstalled to allow your child to choose the unique look they want.
- Included Bike Stand. A portable bike stand ensures the bike always has a “home”. This helps teach kids to care for their bike and minimizes damage.
A lighter bike will not only be safer for your child but it will make the experience more enjoyable.The SCRAAAM COASTER GT is the perfect balance bike for kids 18 months to 5yrs+. Kids who learn to balance on a pedal free bike have a much easier time learning how to use a pedal bike, with most transitioning without the need for training wheels.